HILGARTWILSON has immediate openings for a Civil Design Assistant (Intern/Co-Op) to become a part of our growing civil engineering design team involved in a variety of private and public sector projects. HILGARTWILSON’s team has grown from six employees when founded in 2009 to over 180 talented and dedicated professionals today. We are seeking individuals with sound technical skills, strong communication skills and enthusiasm. Ideal candidates should have experience as a civil designer or engineer with a background in land development design projects or site and commercial projects.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- This position will participate in various types of engineering projects utilizing basic principles and concepts.
- Adherence to HILGARTWILSON’s checklists and design guidelines to perform tasks.
- Have basic knowledge of activities and procedures in own area and applies skills primarily gained through formal training or experience.
- Perform a variety of detailed tasks, and ongoing assignments by applying technical concepts/procedures to resolve problems which may be non-routine in nature and escalates complex problems as needed.
- Assumes responsibility for own work quality and meeting deliverable deadlines.
Skills and Qualifications
- Current or recent college/university student majoring in civil engineering
- Computer design skills preferred, including spreadsheets and scheduling
- Excellent oral and written communication, decision-making, problem resolution, and a sense of initiative are more important for the position
- Have a team-oriented attitude as well as a desire to grow personally