HILGARTWILSON, a civil engineering, planning, land surveying, environmental services, and construction management firm, is seeking a Survey Instrument Technician to become a part of our growing company. HILGARTWILSON has extensive experience providing services on many of the Valley’s largest and most prestigious master-planned communities, retail, office, educational, healthcare, mixed use developments and public works projects.
- Proven ability to perform all Instrument Tech level work in a highly productive and accurate manner
- Show dependability by being at work on time, ready to work, and maintaining an appropriate and clean appearance
- Ensure proper use & maintenance of all company property, i.e. survey trucks and equipment
- Ability to adapt to and use effectively a variety of survey equipment
- Assist the Survey Crew Chief in the performance of the daily tasks assigned to the team
- Implement better or improved procedures as approved/appropriate
- Maintain positive, clear and friendly communication with external and internal clients
- Communicate with both internal and external clients about all plans needed to perform the services requested/required
- Assist the Survey Crew Chief in the review and thoroughness of field work prior to delivery to office staff
- Be safety conscious and follow all safety policies and procedures
- Experience preferred but not required
- Proven ability to understand and follow survey project specific instructions
- Strong technical, organizational, and communication skills
- Proven ability to perform duties productively with minimal supervision
- Works well with internal and external clients and contractors, understands the requirements of the project, client and this firm and is able to follow through with these requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Work requires using a machete, shovel and sledgehammer or other appropriate tools.
- Lifting and carrying equipment weighing up to 25 lbs. over rough terrain may be required.
- Hand-eye coordination is necessary to operate various pieces of field equipment.
- Sit, stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms, speak, and hear.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and smell.
- Able to get in and out of vehicle multiple times a day; drive several miles on a daily basis.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Requires working outside in all types of weather conditions, possibly for extended periods of time. The terrain may be rough, steep, wet or swampy. Vegetation may be dense, and insects, snakes or animals may be encountered.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation includes competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Health Insurance – Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid Time Off/Paid Sick Time (PTO/PST)
- Paid Holidays
- Annual Discretionary Bonuses
- Annual Review with Possible Merit-Based Pay Increase
- Short Term Disability (STD)
- Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- 401(k) Plan
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Corporate Partnership Discounts
- Cell Phone Reimbursement for Management Level
- Participation in Professional Memberships/Affiliation Costs
- Financial Reimbursement for Professional Testing Costs
This position is a field position but also meets at our various offices for meetings, training, etc., whenever necessary.
HILGARTWILSON Does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to anyone at HILGARTWILSON.