HILGARTWILSON, a local civil engineering, planning, land surveying, environmental services, and construction management firm, is seeking Project Designers to become a part of our civil engineering design team involved in a variety of private and public sector projects. We are seeking individuals with sound technical skills, good communication skills and enthusiasm to join our successful and growing team.
- Work closely with Project Managers, Project Engineers, Civil Designers/EIT’s, and other staff to produce base drawings, plan and profile drawings, perspective drawings, overlays, profiles, and related maps and illustrations primarily for civil site layout and residential communities, utility, grading, stormwater, water/wastewater, and municipal roadway projects.
- Maintain project files and ensure CADD standards
- Use established CADD standards to prepare electronic drawings from marked-up plans and/or verbal instruction by engineers/designers.
- Organize and schedule work to accomplish goals on projects within established budgets and timelines
- Assist Project Managers with preparation of quantities, cost estimates, and project submittals
- Publishing/Plotting plans and exhibits as needed
- Research and acquire all applicable city design guidelines and checklists
- Research and acquire as-builts for the horizontal & vertical design to existing constraints
- Prepare submittal packages for reviewing agencies
- Engage in routine contact with review agencies
- Prepare construction notes and quantity takeoffs
- Cost estimates for clients or city.
- Delegate work to CAD Techs as appropriate
- Assist in processing of plans and resolving issues with the plan reviewer
Civil 3D & ASE Civil Component Duties:
- Creation of existing & proposed ground surface(s) and profile(s).
- Adding/Editing surface data
- Corridor profiles
- Grading tools in Civil3d
- ASE Design of Road models & Pads (Land Dev. Designers)
- Earthwork analysis
- Pipe Networks of Water, Sewer and Storm Drains
- Retaining Wall design
Skill and Qualifications
- 1-4 year degree from technical school preferred
- Must have 7+ years of school and/or progressive experience in civil engineering
- Computer skills, including AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Microsoft Excel
- Good understanding of local municipality’s or agency’s engineering requirements
- Capable of preparing design on most projects
- Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation includes competitive salary commensurate with experience and year-end performance-based bonus opportunities.
- Health Insurance – Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid Time Off/Paid Sick Time (PTO/PST)
- Paid Holidays
- Annual Profit Sharing Bonuses
- Annual Reviews with Possible Merit-Based Pay Increases
- Short Term Disability (STD)
- Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- 401(k) Plan
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Corporate Partnership Discounts
- Cell Phone Reimbursement for Management Level
- Participation in Professional Memberships/Affiliation Costs
- Financial Reimbursement for Professional Testing Costs