HILGARTWILSON, a civil engineering, planning, land surveying, environmental services, and construction management firm, is seeking a Receptionist/Administrative Assistant to become a part of our growing company. HILGARTWILSON has extensive experience providing services on many of the Valley’s largest and most prestigious master-planned communities, retail, office, educational, healthcare, mixed use developments and public works projects.
Reception is the first point of contact for clients and vendors, both in person and on the phone. The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant is responsible for greeting, welcoming, directing visitors, and notifying company personnel of visitor arrival. Coordinates conference room calendar and catering for meetings. Maintain organization and cleanliness of office, office supplies and orders, and equipment maintenance. Assist with preparation of correspondence and documents, deliveries, and distribution of correspondence and deliveries.
- Professionally respond to all incoming calls
- Greet visitors in a professional and friendly manner
- Sign and distribute incoming and outgoing deliveries
- Notify employees of deliveries received via email
- Coordinate and track conference room calendars
- Coordinate food for client and employee meetings; including pick-up when necessary
- Program all new voicemail greetings for new employees
- Coordinate monthly birthday treats for all offices
- Update and manage HW Life and Lobby Photos
- Open and close visitor area and conference rooms (i.e. appearance and stocking)
- Assist in keeping general office organized and tidy
- Ensure break room equipment and appliances are properly maintained and cleaned
- Empty and load dishwasher; empty coffee pots and wash in preparation for the next day
- Keep kitchen and conference room stocked with supplies for employees and clients
- Assist in decorating office for events and holidays
- Coordinate with Project Services Manager regarding suite concerns/repairs
- Coordinate and schedule maintenance on kitchen and break room appliances
- Assist Project Coordinators as needed
- Scan, name, and file electronic documents in respective directories per company policy
- Track and coordinate inventory of office and printer(s)/plotter(s) supplies for all offices
- Prepare and order business cards and name plates
- Assist with general correspondence, spreadsheets, and memos
- Prepare postage and labels for outgoing mail
- Maintain and manage company contact list and distribution lists
- Assist in coordination of company/employee events as needed
- Assist/backup other administrative team roles as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required; Two-year degree from an accredited college preferred.
- 1+ years of experience in an administrative, receptionist, or customer service role.
- Prior experience with an engineering firm preferred.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Intermediate Administrative Writing Skills.
- Ability to communicate in a friendly and professional manner, both verbally and written with all clients and their representatives, co-workers, management, and principals.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and multi-task efficiently.
- Ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines.
- Excellent phone etiquette.
- Punctual and dependable.
- Customer service driven with a “can do” attitude.
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment.
- Clean driving record
- Willing to drive locally to help with general duties at other office locations and pick up food/office supplies when necessary.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
- Must be able to travel to various offices and project sites when necessary
This position is located in our Phoenix office at 2141 E. Highland Ave. Suite 250, Phoenix, AZ 85016
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation includes competitive salary commensurate with experience and year-end performance-based bonus opportunities.
- Health Insurance – Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid Time Off/Paid Sick Time (PTO/PST)
- Paid Holidays
- Annual Profit Sharing Bonuses
- Annual Reviews with Possible Merit-Based Pay Increases
- Short Term Disability (STD)
- Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- 401(k) Plan
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Corporate Partnership Discounts
- Cell Phone Reimbursement for Management Level
- Participation in Professional Memberships/Affiliation Costs
- Financial Reimbursement for Professional Testing Costs