HILGARTWILSON has an immediate opening for a Survey Crew Chief who is self-motivated, responsible, and experienced to perform general surveying on civil engineering construction projects. HILGARTWILSON provides full-service survey services to our clients. Our crews perform construction staking, as-built surveys, control, boundary, topographic, and ALTA surveys. Our team has extensive experience working together on many of the Valley’s largest and most prestigious master-planned communities, as well as retail, office, educational, healthcare and mixed-use developments.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of land surveying by running a crew or working alone with a robotic instrument and possess the ability to effectively communicate with clients and team members to successfully complete projects.
- Represent HILGARTWILSON in a professional manner to our clients, contractors, and the general public.
- Demonstrate dependability by being at work on time, ready to work, and maintaining an appropriate and clean appearance.
- Perform field survey tasks for construction staking, as-built surveys, control, boundary, topographic, and ALTA surveys.
- Perform quality control checks and accurately record information to complete tasks.
- Ability to effectively complete day-to-day field survey operations and report back to the Survey Manager on daily activities.
- 3+ years of experience as a Survey Crew Chief
- Proficiency in working with survey data collectors and software, GPS, and Robotic survey instruments
- Ability to complete survey calculations in the field and a thorough knowledge of construction staking procedures and plan interpretation
- Proven ability to perform duties productively with minimal supervision
- Works well with internal and external clients and contractors, understands the requirements of the project, client, and this firm, and is able to follow through with these requirements
- Valid driver’s license
Compensation includes a competitive salary commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package that includes:
- Health Insurance – Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid Time Off/Paid Sick Time (PTO/PST)
- Paid Holidays
- Annual Profit Sharing Bonuses
- Annual Reviews with Possible Merit-Based Pay Increases
- Short Term Disability (STD)
- Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- 401(k) Plan
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Corporate Partnership Discounts
- Cell Phone Reimbursement for Management Level
- Participation in Professional Memberships/Affiliation Costs
- Financial Reimbursement for Professional Testing Costs