HILGARTWILSON is seeking an entry-level Construction Manager to serve primarily on water/wastewater and heavy civil infrastructure projects. Construction Manager will provide on-site management of construction activities, maintain project documents, and coordination between project stakeholders (client/contractor/governing agencies). Assists the Project Manager (PM) with bidding, budgets, estimates, contracts, and oversight of Construction Coordinators.
- Maintain an on-site presence on projects actively under construction.
- File, Log, and Distribute project communications: Submittals, RFIs, Field Directives, Change Orders.
- Prepare and maintain schedules, budgets, and bid packages; with assistance from Project Manager.
- Prepare and oversee monthly budget review and invoice approval by staff; field verification of quantity of work completed and approvals from governing agencies.
- Support PM in review & client approval of Proposed Change Orders.
- Ensure Contractor is meeting requirements of Plans/Specifications/Standards and all required inspections are being coordinated with governing agency.
- Support PM in monitoring Safety Programs on construction sites.
- Provide weekly Project Schedule update and Construction Report to project’s client.
- Assist PM with the constructability review of plans for new projects, to reduce the chance for conflicts during construction.
- Interact with owners/consultants/municipalities/contractors.
- Assist PM with Progress Meetings and participate in client meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related field
- 0-2+ years relevant experience
- Familiarity with water/wastewater design and methods of construction
- Ability to process and maintain field paperwork with high degree of accuracy
- Strong communication and organizational skills, with proficiency in Excel
- Highly motivated individual with willingness to research Plans/Specifications/Standards to resolve conflicts
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation includes competitive salary commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package that includes:
- Health Insurance – Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid Time Off/Paid Sick Time (PTO/PST)
- Paid Holidays
- Annual Profit Sharing Bonuses
- Annual Reviews with Possible Merit-Based Pay Increases
- Short Term Disability (STD)
- Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- 401(k) Plan
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Corporate Partnership Discounts
- Cell Phone Reimbursement for Management Level
- Participation in Professional Memberships/Affiliation Costs
- Financial Reimbursement for Professional Testing Costs