HILGARTWILSON has an immediate opening for an Environmental Engineer to become a part of our growing civil and environmental engineering design team involved in a variet of private and public sector projects. Ideal candidates will have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in environmental engineering or related field such as civil or chemical engineering.
- National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) compliance documentation including the planning, review, support, coordination, and/or preparation of categorical exclusions, environmental assessments (EAs), and environmental impact statements (EISs).
- Clean Water Act Section 404 including preliminary and approved jurisdictional determinations, nationwide and individual permits, state water quality certifications, and compensatory mitigation plans.
- Arizona water rules and programs and understanding of general ground and surface water hydraulics and hydrology.
- Mine planning, permitting, and compliance.
- Permitting and compliance under other federal, state, or local level programs and rules; familiarity navigating regulations and federal agency manuals and handbooks.
- Projects include scoping and overseeing baseline biological, cultural, and natural resource surveys and impact assessments.
- Project management using strong organizational skills.
- 5-10 years as an engineer; PE preferred.
- Requires strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Experience with various site-specific data to make conclusions and/or recommendations.
- Knowledge of permitting and reporting.
- Proficiency in writing drafts of technical reports, permit applications, and related documents.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite of applications including, but not limited to, Word and Excel.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in environmental engineering or related field such as civil, chemical, or general engineering.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation includes competitive salary commensurate with experience and year-end performance-based opportunities. Comprehensive company benefits are also provided and include” medical, dental, and vision insurance, long and short-term disability, term life insurance, and paid time off.