HILGARTWILSON has an immediate opening for an Environmental Engineer to become a part of our growing civil and environmental engineering design team involved in a variet of private and public sector projects. Ideal candidates will have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in environmental engineering or related field such as civil or chemical engineering.
- National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) compliance documentation including the planning, review, support, coordination, and/or preparation of categorical exclusions, environmental assessments (EAs), and environmental impact statements (EISs).
- Clean Water Act Section 404 including preliminary and approved jurisdictional determinations, nationwide and individual permits, state water quality certifications, and compensatory mitigation plans.
- Arizona water rules and programs and understanding of general ground and surface water hydraulics and hydrology.
- Mine planning, permitting, and compliance.
- Permitting and compliance under other federal, state, or local level programs and rules; familiarity navigating regulations and federal agency manuals and handbooks.
- Projects include scoping and overseeing baseline biological, cultural, and natural resource surveys and impact assessments.
- Project management using strong organizational skills.
- 5-10 years as an engineer; PE preferred.
- Requires strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Experience with various site-specific data to make conclusions and/or recommendations.
- Knowledge of permitting and reporting.
- Proficiency in writing drafts of technical reports, permit applications, and related documents.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite of applications including, but not limited to, Word and Excel.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in environmental engineering or related field such as civil, chemical, or general engineering.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation includes competitive salary commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package that includes:
- Health Insurance – Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid Time Off/Paid Sick Time (PTO/PST)
- Paid Holidays
- Annual Profit Sharing Bonuses
- Annual Reviews with Possible Merit-Based Pay Increases
- Short Term Disability (STD)
- Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- 401(k) Plan
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Corporate Partnership Discounts
- Cell Phone Reimbursement for Management Level
- Participation in Professional Memberships/Affiliation Costs
- Financial Reimbursement for Professional Testing Costs