HILGARTWILSON has an immediate opening for a Site Planner to become a part of our growing civil engineering team involved in a variety of private and public sector projects. We are seeking individuals with sound technical skills, strong communication skills and enthusiasm to join our successful and growing team. Ideal candidates should have experience with oversight and implementation of projects and previous experience in a designer position (developed in CAD or by hand) working on a variety of developments.
Site Planner Job Responsibilities
- Review, research, understand and analyze planning and development projects and related documents to ensure compliance with applicable laws, codes, ordinances, and regulations.
- Understand engineering and surveying fundamentals.
- Research all physical site opportunities and constraints.
- Read, understand, and check legal descriptions as they pertain to project boundaries.
- Read and understand topographic maps in relationship to the design of the project.
- Work independently in developing and carrying out research and design preparation (lotting) of projects.
- Prepare lotting alternatives, lot fit analysis, and development tables.
- Develop or design projects within hillside areas to municipal regulations and engineering constraints.
- Participate or facilitate in meetings with developers, internal staff, and other representatives and provide technical guidance to resolve issues related to the project design.
- Manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Maintain planning CAD standards, if applicable, identifying conflicts.
- Create job numbers, maintain project files, manage time for self and technicians.
- Work with and mentor other team members.
- Assist with maintaining quality control and deadlines.
- Create figures and other graphics, if applicable.
- Make Project Manager and/or Planning Manager aware of any found or unforeseen problems and make suggestions for a remedy.
- Bachelor degree in planning, landscape architecture or related program preferred
- 4+ years experience in land planning and/or landscape architecture field
- Strong single-family, multifamily, and master-planned community design experience required
- Strong leadership and project management qualities
- Good communication skills
- AutoCAD skills required
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation includes competitive salary commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package that includes:
- Health Insurance – Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid Time Off/Paid Sick Time (PTO/PST)
- Paid Holidays
- Annual Profit Sharing Bonuses
- Annual Reviews with Possible Merit-Based Pay Increases
- Short Term Disability (STD)
- Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- 401(k) Plan
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Corporate Partnership Discounts
- Cell Phone Reimbursement for Management Level
- Participation in Professional Memberships/Affiliation Costs
- Financial Reimbursement for Professional Testing Costs