HILGARTWILSON has immediate openings for Civil Designer/Engineer to become a part of our growing civil engineering design team involved in a variety of private and public sector projects. HILGARTWILSON’s team has grown from 6 employees when founded in 2009 to over 120 talented and dedicated professionals today. We are seeking individuals with sound technical skills, strong communication skills and enthusiasm. Ideal candidates should have experience as a Civil Designer/Engineer with experience in Land Development Design projects or in Site/Commercial Design projects.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembling construction plans and preparing submittals for reviewing agencies
- Organizing and scheduling work to accomplish goals on projects within established budgets and timelines
- Coordination with Cad Techs and other design team members.
- Design small, basic projects or perform task oriented design of more complex projects
- Research and conform to applicable city/agency design guidelines, codes and checklists
- Research and acquire as-built info for the horizontal and vertical design to existing constraints.
- Land Dev. Designers will layout subdivision based on conceptual site plan
- Site/Commercial Designers will coordinate and design sites from architectural site plan
- Perform vertical grading design and earthwork analysis
- Prepare drainage calculations
- Assist with preparation of feasibility studies
- Prepare quantity takeoffs and cost estimates
- Ensure quality control and work with CAD staff to ensure plans reflect the project design
- Perform various other design tasks under the direction others
- 1 – 4 year degree from technical school or Bachelor of Science degree in civil engineering or related field preferred (Engineers and EIT) or
- 2 year from technical school and a minimum 5 years or more in civil engineer related work experience (Civil Designer)
- Experience in land development or site/commercial preferred
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD is required, Civil 3D is preferred
- Computer design skills including spreadsheets and scheduling
- Capable of preparing design on most projects
- Possess understanding of civil engineering principles and construction plans
- Compensation includes competitive salary commensurate with experience and year-end performance-based bonus opportunities.
- Company benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, Short & Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, 401k, Paid Holidays, and Paid Time Off/Paid Sick Time.