HILGARTWILSON is a fast-growing engineering firm and is seeking to hire an Information Technology (IT) Infrastructure Specialist to help support the firm’s 160+ employees. Our Company is searching for a motivated person to help manage the firm’s network and server environment. The goals will be to support the firm’s virtual environment, and to help ensure security and availability of the firm’s systems.
IT Infrastructure Specialist Duties and Responsibilities
- IT system and infrastructure focus.
- Support the HILGARTWILSON LAN and WAN environment.
- Support the firm’s Vmware virtual environment.
- Support the firm’s Microsoft Systems.
- Work with vendors to ensure system availability and security.
- Assist in the support of AutoCAD and other key applications in the firm.
- Assist with user support and help resolve IT issues and incidents efficiently.
- Help the firm maintain application quality and overall system performance.
- Work with management team to evaluate current and future applications.
- Assist with system deployment, updates and patching.
IT Specialist Qualifications/Skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server and Desktop Operating Systems
- Knowledge of Vmware Virtualization Products
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN technologies (Cisco or similar)
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work in a team environment with internal and external resources
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with collaboration tools like Outlook, Teams, WebEx and Zoom
- Microsoft Email and Office 365
- Vmware Horizon or other Desktop Virtualization Products
- Willingness to learn new products and technologies
- Information Security Products from companies like Cisco, Dell and Sophos
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Information Technology is preferred
- Formal training with Vmware, Cisco, and Microsoft products is a plus
- Experience with IT Helpdesk and IT Support
- Minimum of three years’ technology experience required
Compensation and Benefits
- This is a full-time position, with general hours being Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Some extra hours may be required, and there may be some on-call hours that will apply.
- The compensation will be commensurate with experience. HILGARTWILSON provides a benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, and annual bonus.