HILGARTWILSON, a multi-disciplined Survey, Civil Engineering, Land Planning, Environmental and Construction Management firm, is seeking a Survey Services Manager to assist with the management of current Land Survey operations and to provide leadership to the Survey Services team. This is a unique opportunity to grow into a Survey Services Director position for applicants with strong legal, survey project, client, team management and leadership skills.
- Supervise scheduling of office staff and survey crews for multiple types of Legal Survey projects.
- Oversee the preparation, provide appropriate quality control measures for successful completion of Boundary Surveys, Subdivision Plats, ALTA and Topographic surveys and legal descriptions with exhibits
- Monitor performance of field and office surveyors to assure client receives a quality product on time and within budget
- Establish and maintain survey crew and survey technician procedures to ensure efficient and productive performance and accurate survey data transfer to and from the office
- Establish and enforce quality controls in keeping with professional standards and company policy
- Responsible for morale, efficiency, and individual member performance for team members
- Prepare survey related proposals and contracts
- Staff the Survey Team as appropriate for current and anticipated workloads
- Network with clients/potential clients to obtain new work and ensure customer satisfaction
- Approve project billing and complete monthly billing reviews
- RLS designation; AZ strongly preferred or to be obtained within first year
- CFedS certification desired.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience in Land Surveying with 5 years’ experience in leadership role
- Thorough understanding of the analysis of title documents and boundary surveys
- Strong technical, organizational, leadership and communication skills
- Proven ability to work with clients, municipalities, contractors, etc. to maintain excellent customer relations
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
Compensation includes competitive salary commensurate with experience and year-end performance based bonus opportunities. Company benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Short & Long Term Disability and 401k.