HILGARTWILSON has immediate openings for a Civil Designer/Engineer to become a part of our growing civil engineering design team involved in a variety of private and public sector projects. We are seeking individuals with sound technical skills, strong communication skills and enthusiasm to join our successful and growing team. Ideal candidates should have experience as a Civil Designer/Engineer and experience in water and wastewater analysis and design.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares reports, final design plans, technical specifications, and other technical documents
- Responsible for quality control, schedules, and plan production
- Delegates work and gives team technical guidance assuring design is technically sound and cost efficient
- Coordinates with team members, staff, municipalities, consultants, and clients
- Provides highly technical design and quality control
- Processes plans and resolves issues with plan reviewers
- Assists with project and team management
- Bachelor of science degree in civil engineering or related field
- Three to five years of experience in a civil engineering firm with an emphasis on water/wastewater analysis and design
- Computer skills required with proficiency in Bentley Products (WaterCAD and SewerCAD); MS Office Suite; and working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Sound engineering fundamentals including hydraulic and hydrology principles
- Experienced in in water distribution and wastewater collection facilities design, which may include pump stations, storage reservoirs, well sites, lift stations, water mains, and sewer mains
- Demonstrates strong technical skills and is capable of preparing design on a variety of water and wastewater projects
- Knowledge of local municipalities’ engineering requirements
- Displays strong organizational, judgement, and technical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, quality work, and client service
- Self-motivated and able to manage and meet multiple critical deadlines
- Compensation includes competitive salary commensurate with experience and year-end performance-based bonus opportunities.
- Company benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, Short & Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, 401k, Paid Holidays, and Paid Time Off/Paid Sick Time.