HILGARTWILSON, a civil engineering, planning, land surveying, environmental services, and construction management firm, is seeking a Staff Accountant to become a part of our growing company. The ideal candidate will provide administrative and accounting support to senior accounting staff and will be responsible for assigned various monthly tasks, including bank reconciliations, journal entries, and management reports.
HILGARTWILSON has extensive experience providing services on many of the Valley’s largest and most prestigious master-planned communities, retail, office, educational, healthcare, mixed use developments and public works projects.
- Perform monthly reconciliations of bank accounts and other general ledger accounts.
- Perform routine administrative functions within Deltek Vantagepoint as assigned.
- Prepare and post bi-weekly payroll journal entries and accruals.
- Participate in the month-end and year-end closing processes. Prepare and post monthly expense accruals, amortization, and depreciation entries.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of financial transactions, including spreadsheets to track various metrics, pre-payments, fixed assets, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements.
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures and identify any discrepancies or issues that require attention.
- Analyze financial data and prepare management reports to provide insights into the financial performance of the organization.
- Support the senior accounting staff (Controller, Finance Director) in ad hoc projects as needed.
- Monitor A/R Aging and WIP Aging reports and work with principals and project managers to address amounts greater than 120-days.
- Perform prescribed monthly billing cycle for assigned project managers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field. (Two-year degree in accounting from an accredited college may be considered if candidate has exceptional work experience.)
- 5+ years of experience in accounting-related roles, with increasing level of responsibilities.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Prior experience with a professional services firm preferred. Experience with an engineering firm a plus.
- Experience with accounting software such as QuickBooks.
- Experience with payroll systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word.
- Prior experience with Project Tracking/Billing Software a plus (i.e. Deltek Vision or Vantagepoint).
- Intermediate administrative writing skills.
- Ability to communicate in a friendly and professional manner, both verbally and written, with all clients and their representatives, co-workers, management, and principals.
- Ability to work with sensitive materials and information.
- Ability to organize and multi-task efficiently.
- Ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines.
- Punctual and dependable.
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment.
This position is located in our West Valley office at 1830 N. 95th Avenue, Suite 110, Phoenix, AZ 85037
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
- Must be able to travel to various offices and project sites when necessary
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation includes competitive salary commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package that includes:
- Health Insurance – Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid Time Off/Paid Sick Time (PTO/PST)
- Paid Holidays
- Annual Profit Sharing Bonuses
- Annual Review with Possible Merit-Based Pay Increase
- Short Term Disability (STD)
- Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- 401(k) Plan
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Corporate Partnership Discounts
- Cell Phone Reimbursement for Management Level
- Participation in Professional Memberships/Affiliation Costs
- Financial Reimbursement for Professional Testing Costs
HILGARTWILSON Does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to anyone at HILGARTWILSON.